12 January 2009
Abchurch Communications is proud to be the sole communications sponsor of the twice-yearly Ernst & Young IPO Retreat.
Ernst & Young has invited Abchurch to co-sponsor and present at this Retreat for the last three years, in front of dozens of businesses, from both the UK and overseas, seeking an exit. The purpose of the IPO Retreat is for private companies to gain an understanding of:
• Why companies go to market – their objectives and the results
• The various alternatives and other ways of raising finance
• The processes and requirements relating to an exit
• Other companies’ experiences of going to market
Abchurch presents and also takes part in break-out sessions working with a range of other City experts including law firm Travers Smith, private equity firm Bridgepoint and Ernst & Young. Abchurch sends senior Directors to present and form part of the expert panel. The key message from Abchurch is that a heightened profile maximises the valuation of a Company at exit. The key communications phases during the IPO process are:
• Identify potential questions that fund managers and journalists are likely to ask
• Agree responses
• Define and determine key messages
• Draft presentation for the roadshow
• Media and presentation training
• Photo shoot with targeted ideas for the business pages
• Develop investor relations website
• Press outreach at intention to float
• Press outreach on first day of dealing
• Maintain the momentum gained at the IPO
Successfully communicating the right corporate message is beneficial at all times, and vital in the run-up to, during and after an IPO. Abchurch has advised successfully on over 60 IPOs and has a wealth of expertise and experience available.
If you are interested in the Abchurch IPO communications process or attending the Ernst & Young retreat, please contact Heather Salmond.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7398 7704